A bike made out of evil ? 



   A bike made out of evil ? Ok I'm  not the most superstitious but I truly  believe  I had the  worlds most evil motorcycle . Now hang on hear me out  ! We have to go back to 1997-98 . My 1948 Harley  pan head chopper was  down and out and needed a rebuild . My  1972 BMW R60 needed fork seals and  tires and cables and brakes ext. My Kawasaki LTD 440  was a crash  victim and out of  order . The  Yamaha XS650 was done as well .  You guessed it a riders nightmare , four  bikes all broke .


 If you thought the saddest thing you could see  was a kitten in the rain  with a bad hair cut  you'd be wrong . It would be  me moping and whining  about not having a bike .One day  I was at the local Harley  shop chatting with one of the mechanics named Bill .T . I told him about all my broken bikes . He was interested  in the 72 BMW . He offered  a trade plus cash. But trade for what ?

 Shiny and black there she was  in the parking lot. A 1985 Yamaha  SR500  single cylinder  thumper . It was bumped up to 14.5 to 1 compression  ratio . Kick start only and 6volt . One look and it  was a done deal . I don't remember  who got the better deal Bill or I  but it was  done . 

 The first incident  :  There are no known photos of this bike because  the day  I took pictures  they didn't turn out . How ever the rest of the film roll was fine . STRANGE ! 

The second incident : This bike was hard to kick over . It was always two kicks or twenty . Magneto bike are like that  but this one kicked back , a lot! When it would kick back I would pop up in the air . The kick arm would then smack me in the back of the  caff . I had constant bruises .

The third incident : I was invited to go riding with some  buddies . We were at a local strip club . All was good so I thought . As we left in the dark of  night  the group would split . The  other three turn left and I went right . I give them a wave and they wave back . We now  go our separate ways . The  road  I turn down   was pitch black dark . How did I know ? because the second I  turned onto it  my head light and tail light went out .I rode for 10km  in the dark . It took me for ever just putting along in 2nd gear . As soon as I reached the city limits   and was under a well lit street lamp the  lights came back on . This would happen every time  it was dark out . But the lights  would work perfectly during the day . 


The fourth incident : The pain full one . At this point I had the bike for about two weeks . I named  her Christine . Like I said  it was two kicks or  twenty  to start it .  I worked  in shifts and   I was stopped for gas .  I even gave Christine  the  good stuff to appease  the gremlins and evil spirits  possessing her . She liked the good stuff and ran well. This bike was  super  torquey  due to its high compression . And  that made it hard to kick over . This time was no different  . I think I was on the 19th  kick and decided  to chicken kick it  . This is when you use your left leg instead of  your right leg to kick . As I came down on the full stroke  it kicked back and the kicker caught me under my knee cap and tossed  me over the bars landing on my hands face  head ext . A shot of paint  went through my  body as I grabbed my knee yelling in pain. As I rolled on the ground I felt sick and faint . Then HULK SMASH MAD ! A guy ran over too me "Dude you ok ? Do you want me to call an ambulance ? " I said "No! " Then in a blind hulk rage begin cursing and punching my gas tank.  My fists were bleeding and there was  dent in the tank. But the next day the dent was gone . With my leg swollen like a tree trunk  I rode to the hospital. The X-ray showed my knee cap wasn't broken  but my whole shin was bruised to the bone. After a few days I was able to walk on it .

 I  gave up on kicking it . What  I did instead  was flint stone start it by running and jumping on  it and popping the clutch . It was still easier then kicking her over .  


The last incident : Now owning  Christine nearly a whole month  things were finally  starting to  work well. It seemed like we had buried the  hatchet . The flint stone  start worked well and  even the lights were working at  night . Ok so were good right ? 

 Road trip ! So I'm riding  with  my  buddy to a biker rally  and everything was going well. We were going to  meet a few others .  The bike was running  like a charm and we were  almost at the biker bash . Stopped at a light our  bikes  rolled off the line as the light turned green .My  buddy's 68 shovel head  started to pull away  so  I gave Christine some throttle . I was starting to  catch up then the 68 shovel  pulled away again . As I gave more throttle I realised I wasn't going faster but slowing down . I could here a strange ringing and  jingling . I look down  only to see the chain dangling  behind  the bike. HULK RAGE MAD! I  pulled over cursing and  tossed the bike into the ditch .


 My buddy came  back for me " What happened  ? " . I tolled him  and asked for  his multy tool to take my plate off. I asked for his lighter as well . He talked me out  of  burning the  bike. He said I would most likely  get a fine for  polluting . We called  another friend  who came  with his  truck. I sold it to him on the spot .

 Well it  turned out after he  bought it  from me  his wife  found it too hard to start so they sold it  back  to Bill T .  Other then it being  hard to start  they had no problems with it , not one . No gremlins at  all . They  loved the  little  bike . It was just to hard to start .

 So I go back to the Harley shop one day and I'm talking  to Doug . He tells me  this " Bill rode that bike for over six years  with out a problem . You had it less then 30 days and nearly destroyed it and killed  your self  " . 

  I talked to Bill months later . He didn't have a single problem with it . Not  one problem at  all , not one . And I was like HULK SMASH MAD!  Ride well ride safe take care . 


  
  



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five bad ass  movie bikes !

Keep your dang feet on the pegs . Watch for Smurfs !