ATGATT vs SQUID ?

 


    All. The . Gear .All .The . Time. VS  Squid riders ?  Ok ATGATT makes sense  but what is a squid ? Well  you could say to be polite  anyone who doesn't  wear proper gear. Now we are all guilty of  doing this ,self included . Years ago when I use to ride my 1948 Panhead  I  use to be the biggest squid . Didn't I have  good riding gear ? Yes !  But it was too hot two ware  the jacket  , my jeans  were good enough  and  tennis shoes  were  comfier then  boots . Yip that was me then lol . So what has  changed for me now ? Well  this time around my 22 years older  and  ponder my invincibility  a lot  more lol. I believe  we should be confident when we ride but also  realistic as well . If we watch  world super bike races we see some of the vary best riders in the world . And yes the go down form time to time . Here is the scenario  ,  Ride on  track  bails on  the  hairpin   , bike  slides  500 feet ,  rider bounces tumbles a few times  then slides into the hay bail . He gets up pounces around  shaking his fist in the air  , walks to the  bike  cursing  and kicking the bike , He's Ok !  So what saved  him the  gear ,  yes  track riders do get  hurt  but there odds  are less  with the better gear. Now lets look at Mr Squid ?  Here's the  scenario  , GSXR 600 750 or 1000   shoes  shorts  wife beater  T-shirt   cheap helmet $550  riding  gloves . 1200rpm  dump clutch  4 foot  wheelie  cat walk  for 7kms  ant 220km  nice ,  boy can ride ! Then  wipes out at 30km at the  next light   turning   left , bike slides  75 feet  ,  guys  slides 120 feet . Road rash head to toe  ext .

    THE WORST OFFENDERS ?  Ok now I'm  not going to name names here lol .  some groups seem to be worse then others.  Id  say  the top  offenders  are  Harley  riders , I use to be one  so cant  tell me different , although there better then they were 20 years ago lol.  The GSXR riders  seem to be in second .  Most  cruiser  riders  are middle of the road. Moped  riders  guilty , ALL  !  The  best at ATGATT ers  are  sport touring  and  adventure  bikes .  Most super sport  riders , WHO WANTS TO BE A POWER RANGER ? ME! lol .  Heavy touring  bike  riders seem 50-50.  So  please don't  be mad at me if your not one  of these  squid types. Its just to get people to think  about there safety .

  The argument : You will hear a lot of excuses  for why  people don't  gear up . Just tell them this . Would you rather sweat or  bleed ?  Or  cover up what you are not willing to lose . And the most important  of all arguments .  There are those who have  been down  and those who will go down! Enters  moto GP  rider   best rider in the world  , crashes at hair pin. Ride safe all.

Comments

  1. Enjoy your Ride. I enjoy my sun.. I'll Ride squid till the day I wimp out and then I'll not ride.. if I rode Sport Bike Sport Touring etc.. and drove what I call nuts.. ok.. I'd be a fool the way i dress normally.. also love taking off the 1/2 helmet when not required in USA, but hey I go down stairs not holding the railing.. and so far I'm ok with it all.. so enjoy your day.. pretty sure sure anyone riding knows if they fall its gonna hurt.. best tell them keep their eyes open and don't ride like your on a track on public roads.. that's how you get hurt, maybe no physically if your all geared up.. but man the bikes can't handle being thrown around..doh

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Five bad ass  movie bikes !

Keep your dang feet on the pegs . Watch for Smurfs !