LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES ! ,,,,,,, NOPE! 






LOUD PIPES SAVE LIVES !  We  all have heard this one I'm sure, but is it truth or myth ? Lets  take this from  three points of view . First  your on the side walk and you hear a loud  bike  coming up  to the stop light.  As the  bike  stops at the light you hear it well . Then an average  car stops behind  the bike,  You now hear the car and the bike about 50/50 . Then a bus stops in the other lane  just beside the bike . You  now only hear the bus . The light turns green all the vehicles take of at  the same speed .  Now  you just have  a symphony  of engine . The bike is lost in the mix .

 The second  point of view . Your on your  bike .Ill use my BMW R60 as an example . This  bike was no louder then a Church mouse. Ive had  Harley's with  sawed off  drag pipes  pull up  behind me   many times and they would be almost right beside me before I would hear them. Even on the high way  you don't hear the other bike  till they gets  close. Now  following a loud bike you hear that  well for a bit but , the wind will still be louder then the  bike  unless your  really close behind .  Point  by the time you hear the other bike its too close to make a difference . On coming  bikes you wont hear over your own bike or the wind . Even siting at a light with another  bike coming the other way  if  you hear them  it will be faint .


 The  third  point and the most important . Your in your car . Windows  are down   radio off .  you will still  most likely  not hear the bike  till it gets close. If there is a bunch of cars   the traffic sounds just  blend. Now add in windows up AC on  or radio ext . The driver will not hear you at all . And of course  you have driving and texting  and other bad habits out there.

  In closing ill say this the science  may not be settled on  whether  the loud pipes make a difference or not . But we can  all agree defencive  riding works. I say ride like your invisible  . Like every ones trying to kill you , because they can. Never put your own safety in other peoples hands . And I wouldn't  trust in  a possible myth or slogan  to save you. Remember  when  things go wrong riders are on the losing  end. I may not be an expert   but I  have ridden  a lot of  bikes . Loud ones  quiet ones  and really loud ones . It never made a differences  . With  distracted drivers on the rise we need to be more vigilant out there .  Ride well ride safe take care.

Comments

  1. You should consider taking a few English classes before expressing your incorrect opinion.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm new to the blogging , and grammer is not my strong point , I'm ok with criticism , but it would help me greatly if people could point out whats wrong with it . I have no one else to proof read for me . I'm trying my best and it will take time to get better .Thanks for your posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well for starters its grammar. When you type ext I assume you are meaning et cetera, the abbreviation for that is etc. defensive not defencive, all very minor mistakes. When you publish something like this though its harder for people to take you serious if your spelling etc. is off. Also many people are just dicks and like to point out other peoples mistakes.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Five bad ass  movie bikes !

Keep your dang feet on the pegs . Watch for Smurfs !