The fast green snot machine rides again after 20 years


 The fast green snot machine rides again after 20 years. Well  kind of . Back in 1994 I  bought  my first  motorcycle. It was a Kawasaki  LTD 440. great little bike , got 75 miles to the gallon on it.I  moved up to a 1972 BMW R60 , road the tires off it  twice in one season .
     
 Yip  that LTD 440 was  a fun little  bike , I had many great adventures with it .   It was a hit with the  girls at my  collage too lol. But it came to a tragic end one snowy  night in November, yip trying to get the last ride in  it snowed wile I was at  work. And as you would guess being young and stupid  I wiped out (at low speed ) tying to  ride  home in the snow. Conclusion ! STUPID HURTS! lol . So onto then next bike.




The R60 BMW was  a sport touring bike , heavy enough for the long roads. Still  got 55-60mpg back  when it was  only .$.45 a liter  . Many trips  miles  put on  . So many stories. In just two years I put  over 85000 miles on it. It had some problems but it always ran . I was   happy with  this bike , but it wasn't  my dream bike. That  would  be the next  bike.







 Ok  if your  lucky enough to get to ride a  motorbike  , your lucky enough . If your lucky enough to ride a bike you like  your even luckier .Now if you get your dream  bike , well  Ill just say  wow.


Let me tell you , if your going to  get into old Harley's you need to  learn how to wrench! And wrench I did lol.  What dose a  rolling  basket case look like? It looks like a Aqua metallic blue 4" over front end hard tail  frame 1948 Panhead .  Ive always said you have not done 100mph till you've  done 100mph on a hard tail seat to frame Panhead . Its like a bobsled ride down the side of Mt Everest , I wouldn't  wish that on my worst enemy lol .It was  kick start only  and had a peanut tank that only held 1.5 to 2 gallons . Don't  go far on a  tank of fuel .When I swapped the Linkerd  carb for the  KN  I got  about 45mpg  , I still didn't get far on a  tanks lol.


 So many stories  so many people I  met along the way . It was a great time to be alive. I had a few  bikes after as well as 5 bikes at one time, but none were as loved and my Panhead Sweetie . It was a bike that would make friends  everywhere I went . "What year is it?" people would shout as I would ride by. I would walk out of a store only to find people standing and starring at  it.To have a bike that turned heads , not because it was new or state of the art or worth 10s of thousands of  dollars no! It was  the charm ,  It looked like it had a million  miles on it , and probably did.  The  roughness the  grit the oil leaks  the  worn scratches  and  chipped paint . Then nostalgia would tell its own stories .

  Like all good things they come to an end at some point for some reason .Then  before you know it 18 years go by . You think of the rides  , but there just a faded memory . Maybe some day ill get back into it, maybe some day.
 Brrrrraaapppppppp!!!!!BRRRAAAAPPPPP!   DUDE! DUDE!  DUDE!!!!! YOU GOTTA TRY MY BIKE! ITS CRAZY! "Ok ill try it. What am I trying?"   A  Honda CR450R  100HP dirt bike . I haven't  ridden in 18 years . Now I try this  bike and  wow I still got it. Wow it was  fun  nice  run . Makes me think of my old  bikes .  THEN!!!!!!  the sleepless nights start . I now have motorcycle fever  bad . It will take me two years to  get my  licence  but I  get it  . Now what to ride?



  Now when your 18-25 years old  as a young man  you might want a crotch rocket . A 40 something like my self should  get another cruiser or  sport touring bike. But no  I don't want a heavy touring beast  , I want to have fun on the twistys . I want to try something new. A sport bike  why not ? It was a tough search but I found one . A Triumph Daytona TT600 2003 .Wow what a fun machine , over the years I must have at least 130000 miles on the road with different  bikes. And I look forward  to putting many miles on this bike. Its smooth its fast it handles great , its everything  my Panhead wasn't . A new  experience  , and once again  I picked a crowd charmer . People stop to chat and stare at the bike just like my Panhead.


 Ill never forget the  love of my Panhead Sweetie  , and my other bikes as well .But  it all feels new again , but I hope I never stop riding  again. I think as I  ride the fast green snot machine (the TT600)  down the  road , "Why did I wait 20 years to get back into this ? WHAT WAS I  THINKING? " all the  bikes I could have owned and trips I could have taken and people I could have met and  stories  I could tell. Never again will I give up something I love to do and share so much.I  guess its just time to make up for lost time , so ride on ride safe friends BRRRRAAPPPPPPP!!!!!!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Five bad ass  movie bikes !

Keep your dang feet on the pegs . Watch for Smurfs !