The worlds most incredible motorcycle ever  built!

-+

   The worlds most incredible motorcycle ever  built! Well ? Maybe not .lol . What you are looking at is  my vary first motorcycle  , a 1985 Kawasaki LTD 440 , a 28hp six speed belt drive cruiser commuter  . I swear it got 75 miles or 130km to the gallon . I wasn't the fastest but  it was a great little twin air cooled engine .  I road the  crap out of this thing . Of the over 210000 kms or 130000 miles  on the road , nearly half was on this bike . I would ride all over , sun rain you name it  , strait  roads twisty roads , paved grave ext . Your first bike is something  you will never forget . Like your first high school  sweet hart . Even thou we move on after time , bigger  bikes ext , we will always  remember the lessons learned on the starter bike.  The stories  the charm the memories . I only wish everyone  could have met this ride , for what it  did for my soul and spirt I  believe it should be shared. So what was your  first sweet hart (starter bike ) ? Ride well ride safe  take care.

Comments

  1. Your 440 had more than 28hp, more like 38hp. My 87 LTD454 had 50hp. Great little cruiser with a lousy range of 140km due to the tiny 9 litre peanut tank. My buddy's 78 Honda CB400 had 39hp with a top speed in 5th gear of 160km/hr.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I remember reading 28hp but I could be wrong , ya the 454 was a nice looking bike, did it have a six gears like the 440 ? I think I could top out at 150km ish , the bike was so light lol

      Delete
  2. Yup. 6 speed. It was half the engine of the Ninja 900. It was almost as fast in acceleration as a Yamaha Seca 600 and looked like a larger bike.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My first street bike was a new 1980 Suzuki GS250T. Great starter bike. It had 27hp, 6 speeds and would top out at 140km/hr.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Five bad ass  movie bikes !

Keep your dang feet on the pegs . Watch for Smurfs !